Introduction: Nokia’s very own Asha 501 smartphone is out there. From way back the phone slightly might look like a lumia kind of phone but its NOT. The phone is swipe driven and there is just one key and that’s for coming back from a task.
Specification on a Go:
- GPRS upto 85.6 kbps/Edge upto 236.8 kbps
- Dual sim support, easy swap
- Touchscreen Bar
- Display of 3# QVGA TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Operating system is Asha 1.0
- Inbuilt memory of 128MB bundled with 4 GB external memory card
- Camera is 3.15 MP
- wi-fi, bluetooth support, 3.5 mm jack
- Battery is 1200 mAh
- Built in Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Accountability: The main thing in the Asha 501 is its easy swipe. The good design makes this product good enough to attract the customers.
- Response time: You would not like if your phone hangs in middle of something. The response time for a single task is fast enough in this baby but while managing multiple tasks this product just FAILS.
- Calibration: Its good but its not better. The camera is 3.15 MP but the resolution and pixels are way off in this phone.
- Cost of poor quality: With the worth of around Rs.4500, you are getting very poor picture quality. However, the scratch free capacitive touchscreen and good battery life wins our heart.
- Robustness: Everything you had earlier in the ASHA series is just bundled here. Just in case if you are not happy with this device’s absence of 3G, there is one good thing that you have wi-fi.
- Defect Zone: 64 MB of RAM is just not enough at all when you want to do the multi tasking. There is no 3G, no GPS and as already said low resolution.
- Value Addons: There are 5 attractive colors of phone. This is the one and only addon.
We give it the overall Rating: